Information security challenges in cloud computing
This paper aims to identify the Information Security Challenges in Cloud Computing. However, the use of Cloud computing in government organizations, private sectors and individuals is rapidly growing and it will grow more in the next few years especially, there are still many challenges, risks and threats to be concerned about. For example: data loss, data breaches and data misuse. To achieve the purposes of this paper, the researcher adopted the critical evaluation method that has been immensely used in many other studies (Arabic and other languages) to show advantages and disadvantages related to the research, solve problems and to compare her results with other research. The results show the ability of making sophisticated services with powerful computing capabilities with low cost computing entities and using advanced models. Furthermore, ability to access data safely any time and from any devices with preventing data leakage especially for the government organizations, private sectors. This paper recommends more massive academic research into these issues and to develop data security programs.
Keywords: Information Security, Cloud Computing, Cloud Computing Types, Cloud Computing Risks
Maram Saleh Miralem. Information security challenges in cloud computing. Acta Scientiae et Intellectus, 6(4)2020, 99-115.
- AL Jamal, Mohammed (2019). The Role of the Risks of Using Cloud Computing in the Quality of Accounting Information, Master Thesis, College of Economics and Administrative Sciences, Al-Bayt University.
- Al-Elaimi, Tharwat (2019). Ways to Benefit from Cloud Computing Applications in Providing Information Services in the United Arab Emirates, The Twentieth Conference of the Private Library Association, 25-27, Enzar, Doha, Qatar.
- Buyya, R, Yeo, C.S. Venugopal, S. Broberg. J. & Brandic, I. (2019). Cloud computing as the 5th utility future generation computer systems, 25 (6) 599- 616.
- Serkan, Mohammadi and Mohammedi, Ali, (2019). The Risks of cloud computing in Accounting field and the solution offers: The case of Turkey, Turkey. Journal of Business Research-Turk, 7 (1).
- IIie S. and Windekidle, I. (2019). Cloud computing - impact business unpublished master thesis. Alaborg University, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Almuttairi, Ali Manee (2018). The Role of Electronic Accounting Information Systems in Improving Credit Risk Measurement in Kuwaiti Banks, Master Thesis, Middle East University, College of Business.
- Gindin & Khomonenk (2018). Performance Evaluation of cloud computing accounting for expenses in information security. Phd.School of Business>Curtin University.
- Mehibs, S.M. & Hashim, S.H. (2018). Proposed network intrusion detection neural network. Journal of university of Babylon, 26 (1), 2- 40.
- Jones S., Irani Z., Sivarjah U. and Love P. (2017). Risks and rewards of cloud computing in UK public sector: A reflection on three organizational case studies Springer international publishing inf syst fornt. DOI 10.1007/s0179-017-9756-0.
- Al-Zoubi, A.M. (2017). The effect of cloud computing on elements of accounting information system. Global Journal of management and business research.
- Alerifi, Samah Abbdulaziz (2017). A survey of the awareness of employees of information technology departments to move to cloud computing service (case study: Yemeni institutions) Al-Ghary Journal of Economic and Administrative Sciences 14 (1) 186-200.
- Taaha, Omar Ghasan, (2016). Improving the Performance of the Institution's Information System Using Hybrid Cloud Computing, Master Thesis, Tishreen University, Damascus, Syria.
- Gabbi, Shaher Yousif, (2015). Cloud Computing in the Palestinian Governmental Sector, Challenges and Opportunities, Master Thesis in Engineering Management, An-Najah National University, Nablus, Palestine.
- Mahmoud, Mamdouh Ali (2015). The uses of cloud storage for data in libraries and information centers and information security. The Jordanian Journal of Libraries and Information, Vol. 50 p. (4), 11-48.
- Catalina, Ilie, (2015). Cloud computing - impact on basined. Unpublished master thesis, Aalborg University, Copenhagen.
- Cloud computing, (2019) Retrieved from: http://www.britannica.com.
- Alsabaani, Abdullah (July 02, 2015). Critical Appraisal of Studies in Scientific ResearcAlsabani, Abdullah (July 02 2015) Retrieved November 02, 2020, from https://bit.ly/39GVEJt