Information security challenges in cloud computing: critical reviewing study
The great increase of intellectual production, the diversity of information sources and containers, and the technical revolution, which led in its turn to a large dependence on the Internet, portals and digital information sources, resulted not only in an emerging need to secure websites, computers, software and information in their various forms, but also in the growing importance of what is called the cloud computing service, which is a technical service that has changed the traditional ways of deploying services by organizations or individuals. The paper aimed at shedding light on the challenges facing cloud-computing technology, especially the information security challenge, in order to try to identify the challenges and solutions that contribute in limiting these challenges.
In fact, the lack of independent and detailed studies of these challenges that focus on practical solutions was the motive for conducting this paper. It aims at identifying and collecting the intellectual production, specifying the deficiencies, and looking out for future studies issues bearing in mind the importance of information security and its impact on the continuity and development of technology and facilitating the preservation, sharing and extraction of knowledge.
In this paper, the critical literary methodology was followed to specify the achieved studies and literature in the same issue and thus generalize the benefits and find solutions. Fifteen studies were analyzed to achieve the goal of identifying the challenges facing cloud computing. After reviewing the literature and studies, one of the most prominent results of the paper is that the most prominent challenges of cloud computing is information security. A number of studies have suggested heading to encryption as one of the solutions, and some of them have dealt with classification or the use of machine learning and fuzzy logic.
This paper recommended the necessity of conducting specialized studies in finding applicable solutions to tackle the challenges, the perfect use of machine learning techniques and fuzzy logic, the optimal use of encryption, and the adoption of systems that are "safe by default". Indeed, security is not just a technology but should be related to people and operations as well. Internet security should not be absolute, but rather needs planning, design and building security from the birth of the idea.
Keywords: Information Security, Cloud Computing, Hybrid Cryptography, Risk Assessment, Cloud Computing Data Center, 3D Storage, Deffie Hellman Protocol
Shahad Ahmed Abdulgaffar. Information security challenges in cloud computing: critical reviewing study. Acta Scientiae et Intellectus, 6(4)2020, 42-62.
- Hassanein, Rajab (2012). Electronic information network security: risks and solutions. Cybrarians Journal. P (30). Available on https://bit.ly/39EaZKR. Retrieved October 16, 2020.
- Al-Ghatbar, Khaled; Al-Hesheh, Soliman (2009). Electronic chasing methods and procedures available. Center of Excellence for Information Security. King Saud University. Riyadh. Available at https://coeia.ksu.edu.sa/books/phishing.pdf. Retrieved October 16, 2020.
- Gawali, Mahendra; Shinde, Subhash (2018). Task scheduling and resource allocation in cloud computing using a heuristic approach. Journal of Cloud Computing. Available at https://doi.org/10.1186/s13677-018-0105-8, Received at 16/10/2020.
- Al-Shutb, Radi (2015). “Communication and information technology systems. Cloud Computing Personal Blog 2. Available at https://bit.ly/3qsOoa2. Retrieved October 18, 2020.
- BRUMĂ, Livia Maria(2020). "Data Security Methods in Cloud Computing", Informatica Economical, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p48-60. 13p. Available at https://bit.ly/2JIzZFY, Received at 17/10/2020.
- Karajeh, Huda; Maqableh, Mahmoud; Masadeh, Raed (2020). "Security of Cloud Computing Environment", The 23rd IBIMA Conference Vision 2020: Sustainable Growth, Economic Development, and Global Competitiveness, Volume: pp. 2202-2215, Spain, Available at https://bit.ly/36CEjji, Received at 16/10/2020.
- Aldossary, Shalhood; Saad, Aminah(2019). "Cloud Computing Approaches, Characteristics and Cloud Computing Status in the Arab World", Multi-Knowledge Electronic Comprehensive Journal For Education & Science Publications (MECSJ). 2019, Issue 25, p1-18. 18p.
- Shahin, Fatima; Shish, Ahmad (2019) "An Exhaustive Review on Security Issues in Cloud Computing". KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems, 13, 6, (2019), 3219-3237. DOI: 10.3837/tiis.2019.06.025.
- Wang, Jia; Zhong, Li (2019). "Security Storage of Sensitive Information in Cloud Computing Data Center", International Journal of Performability Engineering 15(3): 1023-1032, DOI: 10.23940/ijpe.19.03.p32.10231032
- Tsaregorodtsev, A.V.; Kravets, O.Ja; Choporov, O.N.; Zelenina, A.N. (2018). "INFORMATION SECURITY RISK ESTIMATION FOR CLOUD INFRASTRUCTURE", International Journal on Information Technologies & Security, № 4 (vol. 10), 2018, Available at http://0o114xuvo.y.http.content.ebscohost.com.kau.proxy.deepknowledge.io/ContentServer.asp, Received at 16/10/2020.
- Abd Elminaam, Diaa Salama; Hosny, Khalid M. (2018). "Resource Sharing Security in Cloud Computing Environment", International Arab Journal of e-Technology. Jun. 2018, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p47-57. 11p., Available at https://bit.ly/3qpnY9c, Received at 17/10/2020.
- Yang Chong, Ngo; Humayun, Bakht (2018). "An Analysis of Threats and Challenges in the Deployment of Cloud Computing", International Journal of Computing Network Technology. May 2018, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p63-69. 7p, Available at https://bit.ly/36DmRuR, Received at 11/10/2020.
- Tahon, Amira Ahmed H.; Frahat, Farahat Farag (2018). "A Proposed Framework for Security Aspects of Cloud Computing Services in Information Technology Companies", Scientific Conference of Information Systems & Computer Technology. 2018, Issue 26, p5-11. 7p., Available at https://bit.ly/3omjA9f, Received at 10/10/2020.
- Srivastav, Riktesh. (2017). "Assessment of Cloud Computing Security Risks for E-Governance Infrastructure", International Journal on Information Technologies & Security, Journal of Network and Information Security, Volume 5 Issue 2 2017, Available at http://0o114xv3k.y.http.content.ebscohost.com.kau.proxy.deepknowledge.io/ContentServer.asp, Received at 10/10/2020.
- Khan, Hiba; Vasim Ahamad, Mohd; Samad, Abdus (2017). "Security Challenges and Threats in Cloud Computing Systems", Volume 8, No. 2, March 2017 (Special Issue) International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science, Available at http://www.ijarcs.info/index.php/Ijarcs/article/view/2923, Received at 11/10/2020.
- Zharova, Anna; Elin, Vladimir; Panfilov, Petr (2017). "PERSONAL DATA IN CLOUD. RUSSIA EXPERIENCE", Annals of DAAAM & Proceedings. 2017, Vol. 28, p1136-1142. 7p, Available at https://kau.deepknowledge.io/edsDetails?An=126642060&dbId=asn, Received at 11/10/2020.
- BENDOVSCHI, Andreea; IONESCU, Bogdan (2015). "The Gap between Cloud Computing Technology and the Audit and Information Security", Audit Financiar. 2015, Vol. 13 Issue 125, p115-121. 7p, Available at https://kau.deepknowledge.io/edsDetails?An=102356145&dbId=bsu, Received at 11/10/2020.
- Ali, Mazhar; Khan, Samee U.; Vasilakos, Athanasios V. (2015). "Security in cloud computing: opportunities and challenges", Information Sciences. An International Journal (Inform. Sci.) (20150101), 305, 357-383. ISSN: 0020-0255 (print). eISSN: 1872-6291, Available at https://kau.deepknowledge.io/edsDetails?An=MR3317622&dbId=msn, Received at 11/10/2020.
- Borglund, Erik A.M. (2015). "What About Trust in the Cloud? Archivists' Views on Trust", Canadian Journal of Information & Library Sciences. Jun2015, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p114-127. 14p., Available at https://kau.deepknowledge.io/edsDetails?An=109028636&dbId=ehh, Received at 11/10/2020.
- Mody, Rushabh (2017). Cloud Computing-Information Technology. Available at http://wisemonkeys.in/2017/08/15/security-cloud-computing-environment-using-cryptography-rushabh-modi/. Received at 17/10/2020.