Scientific approach to drawing batik to encourage elementary school students to love the nation's culture
Batik is an art inherited from the Indonesian nation's ancestors. Batik art has a high artistic value, a combination of art and technology. Batik attracts attention not only because of the results, but also the process of making it. This is what then made batik recognized worldwide. The younger generation as successors to the nation's history are increasingly having the desire to learn the process of batik making and there are efforts to make the younger generation interested in pursuing the profession as batik. With extracurricular activities to draw batik, the hope is that the children can understand how to draw batik, while also being able to understand very well that batik is an authentic Indonesian culture that must be preserved. Batik drawing activities can also foster a love of the nation's cultural character. Therefore, a scientific approach is necessary and important to be applied in the learning process for elementary school students.
Keywords: Batik, drawing, student, elementary school, nation's culture
Nurmila Arianti, Eddy Lion, Untung F. Soan, Yetrie Ludang, Kusnida Indrajaya, Wahyu Edy Setiawan. Scientific approach to drawing batik to encourage elementary school students to love the nation's culture. Acta Scientiae et Intellectus, 6(4)2020, 246-257.
- Amalia, Rizki Umi (2010). Motif Batik Pekalongan: Studi Dokumen Koleksi Museum Batik Pekalongan. Jurnal Seni Rupa FBS UNNES Vol VI No 2.
- Daryanto (2014). Pendekatan Pembelajaran Saintifik Kurikulim 2013. Yogyakarta: Gava Media.
- Directorate of Early Childhood Development (2012). Model Pelaksanaan Program Pendidikan Karakter Di Lembaga Pendidikan Anak Usia Dini. Jakarta.
- Fitri, Agus Zaenal (2012). Pendidikan Karakter Berbasis Nilai & Etika Di Sekolah. Yogyakarta: AR-RUZZ MEDIA.
- Hosnan, M. (2014). Pendekatan Saintifik & Kontekstual Dalam Pembelajaran Abad 21. Bogor: Ghalia Indo.
- Lion, E. (2014). Pengaruh Pendidikan Kewarganegaraan (PKn) Terhadap Sikap Demokratis Siswa SMA Negeri Se Kota Palangka Raya (Survey Terhadap Siswa Kelas XI SMA Negeri di Kota Palangka Raya). Jurnal Online Pendidikan Ilmu Pengetahuan Sosial, 2: 106-122.
- Ludang, Y. (2010). A brief review on the role of community to lessen the rate of global warming. Middle East Journal of Scientific Research, 6(1): 69-75.
- Ludang, Y.S. Mangkoedihardjo, W. Hadi, S. Jarias (2011). Biodiversity of city phytostructure by incorporating indigenous knowledge for the city of Palangka Raya, Indonesia. International Journal of Academic Research, 3(6): 289-292.
- Permendikbud No. 146 Tahun 2014 Tentang Kurikulum 2013 PAUD (Pendidikan Anak Usia Dini).