AI applications with their vital role in supporting the retail trade marketing mechanisms
The purpose of using artificial intelligence in business is to help people in performing their functions and thus the retail trade would be fast moving and becoming more competitive by reducing costs and improving customers ’shopping and experiences. This is one of the most important incentives to conduct this study in addition to filling several gaps such as conducting an inventory of recent studies in this field, which are considered few, according to the two researchers.
In fact, this current study aimed at identifying previous studies related to the subject of the impact of artificial intelligence on the retail sector and deal with them in a critical way due to the lack of studies of this kind in the field to reach the most important results and recommendations revealed by those studies that deal with the extent of the impact of artificial intelligence on the retail sector and knowledge Services and areas covered by this effect.
We will also shed light on how artificial intelligence addresses retail trade problems through the use of techniques, algorithms and models with more accuracy in results to achieve the highest returns and reach consumer satisfaction. To achieve the aim of the research, the two researchers used the descriptive and analytical method. As for the results of the study, it reached several conclusions, the most important of which is to clarify the major role that artificial intelligence plays in the retail field, whether in relation to operations, customer services, or even the form of service provision in addition to the problems that the retail sector suffers from and customer risk fears, as well as identifying the types of algorithms that have been used in this field such as neural networks and the nearest neighbor. On the other hand, the study recommended the need to improve the infrastructure of developing countries due to the necessity of using artificial intelligence techniques, as well as conducting more studies on the application of artificial intelligence in stores both in the real or virtual world, adopting artificial intelligence techniques as a very appropriate option in facing global crises, as well as spreading the culture of artificial intelligence to achieve more prosperity and facilitate life and business.
Keywords: Artificial Intelligence, Retail systems, Neural Networks, Algorithms, Online Retail
Ghaliah Abdulelah Al-Bishri, Dalil Hadi Al-Harbi. AI applications with their vital role in supporting the retail trade marketing mechanisms. Acta Scientiae et Intellectus, 6(4)2020, 192-208.
- A.S. Lopatina, N.V. Razmochaeva and D.M. Klionskiy, “Comparative Analysis of Approaches for Solving the Problem of Improving the Quality of Retail Trade Data by Artificial Intelligence”, 2020 9th Mediterranean Conference on Embedded Computing (MECO), Budva, Montenegro, 2020, pp. 1-6.
- Archit Varshney. "Vision of retail management: in developing India by using technology advancement through AI and ML". 2020. Volume IX. Issue VI. Available at: https://bit.ly/2VJBbvt
- Aisha Saleh Al-Ghamdi (2020). Challenges and threats affecting information security in cloud computing. Acta Scientiae et Intellectus, Vol.6 No.3 (2020), pp. 98-120.
- Eleonora Pantano. Gabriele Pizzi. 2020 "Forecasting artificial intelligence on online customer assistance: Evidence from chatbot patents analysis”. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services. Volume 55, Available at: https://bit.ly/3gf0zTs
- Ilker Güven, Fuat Şimşir. 2020 "Demand forecasting with color parameter in retail apparel industry using artificial neural networks (ANN) and support vector machines (SVM) methods". Volume 147, Available at: https://bit.ly/3geHcda
- M. Saponaro, D. Le Gal, M. Gao. Challenges and Opportunities of Artificial Intelligence in the Fashion World, 2018. International Conference on Intelligent and Innovative Computing Applications (ICONIC), Plaine Magnien, 2018, pp. 1-5
- Rajasshrie Pillai, Brijesh Sivathanu. Yogesh K. Dwivedi 2020. "Shopping intention at AI-powered automated retail stores (AIPARS). Volume 57. Available at: https://bit.ly/3gkcrTW
- Eman J. Al-Mutairi, E. Asyri (2020). Information security in cloud-computing: challenges, threats, and solutions, Acta Scientiae et Intellectus, Vol.6. No.3 (2020), pp.135-155.
- Venkatesh Shankar, Tom Douglass. (2020) “How Technology is Changing Retail.” Journal of Retailing. Available at: https://bit.ly/33LkpAr
- M. Paolanti, M. Sturari, A. Mancini, P. Zingaretti and E. Frontoni, “Mobile robot for retail surveying and inventory using visual and textual analysis of monocular pictures based on deep learning”, 2017 European Conference on Mobile Robots (ECMR), Paris, 2017, pp. 1-6
- Weber, F.D. and Schütte, R. (2019), "State-of-the-art and adoption of artificial intelligence in retailing", Digital Policy, Regulation and Governance, Vol. 21 No. 3, pp. 264-279.
- J. Xu et al, "Design of Smart Unstaffed Retail Shop Based on IoT and Artificial Intelligence", in IEEE Access, vol. 8, pp. 147728-147737, 2020.
- V.P. Semenov, V. V. Chernokulsky and N. V. Razmochaeva, “Research of artificial intelligence in the retail management problems”, 2017 IEEE II International Conference on Control in Technical Systems (CTS), St. Petersburg, 2017, pp. 333-336.
- Hawazen A. Metair (2020). The role of social networks in supporting e-learning, Acta Scientiae et Intellectus, Vol.6. No.3(2020), pp.224-237.
- Cruz-Domínguez, O., & Santos-Mayorga, R. (2016). ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE APPLIED TO ASSIGNED MERCHANDISE LOCATION IN RETAIL SALES SYSTEMS. The South African Journal of Industrial Engineering, 27 (1), 112-124.
- Al-Tahan, Ahmad (2015). “Scientific Criticism: Importance, Controls, Etiquette and Effects.” Aluka Network. Retrieved from: https://www.alukah.net/literature_language/0/82427